This recipe has the chicken marinated in pickle juice at least several hours before frying as the pickle juice’s acidity helps keep the chicken moist. You get crisp, moist and juicy chicken nuggets like Chick-fil-A’s that’s great for appetizers, a party tray, lunch or dinner with the kids. They will love it!
Crisp, moist and juicy chicken nuggets!
HOW TO MAKE CHICK-FIL-A CHICKEN NUGGETS
Cook time: 3-4 minutes
- 1/2 Cup Ken’s Steakhouse Honey Mustard Dressing (or another honey mustard dressing)
- 1 Tsp Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ Sauce
- 1/2 Tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Cup Dill Pickle Juice
- 1 lb Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1 Egg
- 1 Cup Milk (or buttermilk)
- 1 1/2 Cup Flour
- 3 Tbs Powdered Sugar
- 2 Tsp Salt
- 1 1/2 Tsp Pepper
- 1/2 Tsp Paprika
- Peanut Oil
- To make the sauce, combine the honey mustard dressing, BBQ sauce, vinegar and set aside.
- Cut the chicken breasts into bite-sized pieces. In a gallon-sized zip-lock bag, combine the pickle juice and chicken. Seal the bag, shake it up and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Combine egg and milk into a large bowl.
- Preheat your oil to medium heat (to about 375F)
- Remove your chicken from the refrigerator, drain the pickle juice and add the chicken pieces to the egg/milk mixture in the bowl. Toss until all pieces are coated.
- In a gallon-sized zip-lock bag, combine flour, powered sugar, paprika, salt, and pepper and shake well to mix.
- Add the chicken pieces to the bag and shake until all the chicken are coated.
- Cook the chicken in oil for about 3-4 minutes until you get a golden crispy crust.
- Remove the chicken and drain the excess grease on paper towels.
- Serve immediately.
- For a little more seasoning, you can also use 1 Tbs onion powder and 1 Tsp garlic powder.
- You can also add a some panko bread crumbs to the flour mixture for a little more crunch.
Want Another Chicken Recipe? Now Watch How To Make Honey BBQ Popcorn Chicken!
Inspired by SimpleMost