It only takes 10 minutes to prep and the ingredients are simple. This recipe is perfect for all occasions, from potluck parties to weeknight dinners — BBQ Chicken Taquitos will put the biggest smile on anyone’s face, kids and home cooks included. You can even make a big batch and freeze the extras for those busy nights.
What I love the most about this recipe is the complex flavors. Just one bite of these crisp, savory bad boys and you’re instantly addicted! BBQ Chicken Taquitos are satisfying on their own, but even more delicious if you dip them in ranch.
If you don’t can’t handle the heat, feel free to use monterey jack cheese instead. That’s ANOTHER thing I love about this recipe by Spicy Southern Kitchen! It’s extremely versatile thanks to its simple ingredients. You can even use your favorite barbecue sauce for this recipe. Whether you prefer sweet and tangy or smoky and spicy, BBQ Chicken Taquitos will never disappoint!
Here’s how to make BBQ Chicken Taquitos
- 2 cups shredded chicken from a rotisserie chicken
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup BBQ Sauce
- 1 cup shredded Pepper Jack cheese
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup corn (canned or frozen defrosted)
- 10 small tortillas, fajita size
- cooking spray or Vegetable oil
- extra BBQ Sauce for serving
- chopped cilantro, optional
- Ranch or Blue Cheese Dressing, optional
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place chicken in a medium bowl. In a small bowl, stir together cream cheese and BBQ Sauce until smooth. Add to chicken and stir to mix evenly.
- Add Pepper Jack cheese, green onion, and corn to chicken mixture and stir to combine.
- Spray one side of each tortilla with cooking spray or brush it with vegetable oil. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray or Vegetable oil.
- Place filling down the center of each tortilla from one end to the other on the side that wasn’t coated with cooking spray. Roll up tortilla and place seam side down on prepared sheet.
- Place in oven and bake until crispy and golden, about 20 minutes.
- To serve, drizzle with more bbq sauce and sprinkle with chopped cilantro. If desired, serve with Ranch or Blue Cheese Dressing.
NOTE: The creator of this recipe used Kraft Barbecue Sauce. Also, it helps to heat the tortillas first to lessen their chances of tearing. Just place them on a plate, cover with a damp paper towel and microwave for about 20 seconds.
Recipe and photos by Spicy Southern Kitchen.
Try our Slow Cooker Chicken Taquitos sometime too: