Make them in advance. Busy morning? This recipe can be made the night before in 10 minutes. Easily swap out a bowl of cereal with this delicious bake, which can be eaten hot or cold, add some milk and you’re good to go!
Can also be eaten as a dessert. Simply add a dollop (or two) or heavy whipped cream, or vanilla ice cream and you have a fantastic dessert. Whoever said oatmeal was just for breakfast? Just look at it. It’s like a serious granola bake! Guaranteed to satisfy!
Oats sweetened with berries, brown sugar, cinnamon and vanilla! Mm-mm good!
Add some milk and ready to enjoy!
HOW TO MAKE VERY BERRY OATMEAL BAKE
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Bake time: 40 minutes
- 3 Cups old fashioned rolled oats
- ¾ Cup brown sugar
- 1 ½ Tsp baking powder
- ¾ Tsp ground cinnamon (I double this if making plain or banana-nut flavor)
- ½ Tsp salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 ½ Cups milk, plus additional milk for serving
- 1 Tsp pure vanilla extract
- 4 Tbs unsalted butter or coconut oil, melted
- 2 Cups fresh berries (larger berries chopped)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Butter a 2 ½ quart baking dish.
- Combine all dry ingredients.
- Place half the oat mixture in the baking dish, top with half the berries, and then top with the remaining oat mixture.
- Whisk the eggs, milk, vanilla, and melted butter. Pour over the oats.
- Top the oats with the remaining berries.
- Gently shake the baking dish back and forth from side to side to allow the wet mixture to get down into the oats.
- Bake uncovered for about 40 minutes, until oats are tender, and the mixture is set.
- Serve immediately with a splash of milk, or cool, then cover and refrigerate to reheat later.
- If the oatmeal firms up too much after cooling, you can add a little water before reheating it to make it creamy again.
- Flavor variations: You can leave out the berries or replace them with sliced bananas and chopped walnuts for a Banana Walnut Oatmeal Bake!
- Can also use Almond Vanilla Milk instead of regular whole milk.
Want Another Great Breakfast Recipe? Now Watch How To Make Banana Bread French Toast!
Inspired by SofaB Food