- 7 Tbsp Unsalted butter
- 1 lb (16 oz) Elbow macaroni
- 1 Small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 Stalks celery, finely chopped
- 1/2 CUP Cooked chopped bacon
- 3 CUPS Shredded rotisserie chicken
- 2 Cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 CUP Buffalo wing sauce
- 2 Tbsp Flour
- 2 tsp Dry mustard
- 2 1/2 CUPS half-and-half
- 1 lb Shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 CUPS Pepper jack cheese, shredded
- 2/3 CUP Sour cream
- 1 CUP Italian panko breadcrumbs
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and spray a 9-by-13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil; add the pasta and cook until al dente, about 7 minutes. Drain.
- Meanwhile, melt 3 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and celery and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Stir in the chicken, bacon and garlic and cook 2 minutes. Then add 1/2 cup hot sauce and simmer until slightly thickened, about 1 more minute.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a separate saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the flour and mustard until smooth. Whisk in the half-and-half and add the remaining 1/4 cup hot sauce and stir until thick, about 2 minutes. Whisk in the cheddar and pepper jack cheeses, then whisk in the sour cream until smooth.
- Combine the chicken mixture, cooked pasta, and cheese sauce and toss to combine.
- Top with bread crumbs, then bake for 30-40 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Inspired by: The Girl Who Ate Everything