- 1 1/2 CUPS Heavy cream
- 3 Cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp Dried thyme
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 2 Lbs Potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/8-inch thick slices
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 CUP Shredded Gruyere cheese
- 1/4 CUP Freshly grated Parmesan
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together heavy cream, garlic, thyme and nutmeg over medium heat until heated through, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add a layer of potatoes to a 4-qt slow cooker in an overlapping pattern; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Pour 1/3 cup cream mixture over potatoes; sprinkle with Gruyere. Repeat with remaining potato slices, cream mixture and Gruyere to create 2 more layers.
- Cover and cook on high heat for 4-5 hours, or until potatoes are tender. Sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Cover and cook until melted, about 5 minutes.
- Remove lid and let potatoes rest for 15 minutes, allowing the sauce to thicken as it sits.