- 1 lb Ground beef
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- 1 Ounce Packet taco seasoning
- 2 CUPS Water
- 1 CUP Jarred mild salsa
- 8 Ounces Uncooked rotini pasta
- 11/2 CUPS Shredded Mexican-style cheese
- Optional toppings – chopped tomatoes, avocado, crushed tortilla chips, chopped cilantro
- Preheat a large deep skillet over medium heat.
- Add ground beef and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook, stirring occasionally until cooked thoroughly.
- Drain grease.
- Stir taco seasoning into ground beef then stir in water, salsa and pasta noodles.
- Bring mixture to a boil.
- Stir, cover and reduce heat to a simmer.
- Cook for about 15 minutes until pasta is tender.
- Turn off heat and stir in cheese.
- Season with additional salt and pepper if needed.
- Serve with optional toppings if desired.
Inspired by: Mother Thyme