- 1 Can 10 oz Red enchilada sauce
- 1 Can 14.5 oz Petite diced tomatoes with green chilis
- 1 Can 15 oz Chili beans in mild chili sauce
- 1 Can 15 oz Black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 Can 15 oz Corn, drained
- 1 1/2 lbs Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 CUPS Chicken stock
- 1 Package 8 oz Cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 tsp Ground cumin
- 3/4 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Seasoned salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Chili powder
- Any topping you would like to add.
- In a large crockpot (I use a 6 quart crockpot), add in the enchilada sauce, undrained tomatoes, undrained chili beans, drained and rinsed black beans, drained corn, and uncooked chicken breasts.
- I like to cut each chicken breasts into 2-3 pieces after removing the fat only if I’m cooking this on high (cooks faster/more evenly in my crockpot).
- Add in the chicken stock and all of the seasonings. Stir well.
- Cover and place on high for 3-5 hours (or until chicken will easily shred) or low for 5-8 hours (again, until chicken will shred easily)
- Remove the chicken from the crockpot and shred in another bowl using two forks.
- Meanwhile, cube the cream cheese into small cubes and put them in the crockpot. Stir well and cover. Change temperature to high.
- Add the shredded chicken back into the crockpot. Stir and cover. Cook on high until all the cream cheese is melted. Stir.
- Top with any desired toppings. ( I used cheddar cheese, sour cream, and cilantro).
Inspired by: Chelsea’s Messy Apron