Doesn’t take long to make at all and you might even have all the ingredients in your pantry already!
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1 lb Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 Packet of taco or fajita seasoning
- 2 CUPS Diced onion
- 2 CUPS Siced bell peppers (I used one red and 1 green)
- 3-4 Cloves garlic, minced
- 2 CUPS Low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 CUP Heavy cream
- 1 10oz Can Ro-Tel Diced Tomatoes and Green Chiles
- 8 oz Penne pasta
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces.
- Season with half of taco seasoning.
- In a 12-inch skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over high heat.
- When the oil is very hot, carefully add the chicken in a single layer and cook until seared and browned.
- Remove the chicken to a plate and set aside.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil to the skillet with the heat still on high.
- When the oil is very hot again, add the onions, bell peppers, and remaining taco seasoning.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until the veggies are slightly blackened.
- Turn heat to low, add minced garlic, and stir until fragrant and well combined, about 30 seconds. Remove the veggies to the plate with the chicken.
- In the same skillet, add the broth, cream, diced tomatoes, uncooked pasta, and salt. Stir to combine and bring to a boil, then cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook for 15 minutes until pasta is tender and liquid is mostly absorbed.
- Add the chicken and veggies back into the skillet and stir to combine until heated through, about 2 minutes.