After years of searching, we finally found the recipe to Chili’s most raved-about menu item. This copycat recipe by Spicy Southern Kitchen tastes even BETTER than the original — and that’s not even the best part!
Chili’s Chicken Crispers are so delicious that even kids love to eat them! This copycat recipe is the perfect family-friendly meal, and surprisingly easy to follow too.
So what’s the best part about homemade Chili’s Chicken Crispers? They’re much healthier than the restaurant version! According to Spicy Southern Kitchen, Chili’s uses MSG for the flavor in their Chicken Crispers. However, this recipe uses chicken broth instead! The batter turns out thick and fully-loaded with flavor.
After taking your first bite of these homemade Chili’s Chicken Crispers, you’ll want to make this recipe more than once a week! The texture is PERFECT and they’re much less greasy than the original.
Here’s how to make Chili’s Chicken Crispers:
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- ¼ cup milk
- ¾ cup chicken broth
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 10 chicken tenderloins
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 6 to 10 cupsshortening or vegetable oil
- In a medium bowl, combine egg, milk, chicken broth, salt and pepper. Whisk for 30 seconds. Whisk in self-rising flour and let sit 5 minutes.
- Place shortening or oil in a Dutch oven and heat to 350 degrees.
- Place the ½ cup flour in a bowl. Coat each piece of chicken in flour and then dunk into the batter.
- Working in batches of 3-4 tenderloins, lower battered chicken into oil. Fry 7 to 9 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Drain on a wire rack or paper-towel lined plate. Serve and enjoy!
Recipe by Spicy Southern Kitchen.
Looking for an easy and delicious side dish to pair it with? Try our Slow Cooker Creamed Corn:
SHARE THIS ARTICLE TO SHOW YOUR LOVED ONES THIS AMAZING RECIPE!