And this chocolate chunk scone recipe with huge chunks of chocolate in a delicious lightly sweetened baked quick bread IS PERFECT – no jam or butter necessary. Just look at them! Try it. Only a few ingredients and easy steps for very satisfying results!
Can you just taste that bite?
How about another one?
Perfect for your morning, tea time or coffee. You will LOVE these.
HOW TO MAKE CHOCOLATE CHUNK SCONES
Cook time: 15 minutes
- 2 Cups of all-purpose flour
- 3 Tbs of granulated sugar
- 1 Tbs of baking powder
- 6 Tbs of butter, softened
- 1 1/2 Cups of dark chocolate, chopped into thin pieces (you could just chop up some chips if that’s what you have)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2/3 Cup of milk
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment. If you have a pizza or scone stone, USE IT. It makes them bake a little nicer. They still turn out delicious when using a regular baking sheet.
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, sugar and baking powder. Add in the butter, and using a pastry cutter or a fork, cut in the butter until the mixture is crumbly, like cornmeal, but a little thicker.
- Now stir in the chocolate.
- Next, add in about 3/4 of the beaten egg. You want to save the rest for brushing the tops of the scones.
- Pour in the milk a little at a time, gently mixing between each addition.
- Empty your bowl onto a floured surface and knead the dough about 5-10 more times, adding a bit of flour if it’s too sticky.
- Cut the dough into any shape you want! Use a shot glass to make mini circles, or a biscuit cutter, or even squares. You could also form the dough into a disk and slice it into triangles like a pizza and bake!
- However you decide to make them look, place them on the baking sheet or stone and brush the tops with the rest of the egg. Be generous, and if you have to crack another egg, DO IT. This is what makes the tops so golden and pretty, and crunchy and delicious.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the tops are golden and starting to crack.
Want Another Chocolate Chunk Recipe? Now Watch How To Make Chocolate Chunk Pecan Pie!
Inspired by GabEats