Though, this is a pretty big spin on it! A cupcake puppy chow?!
The sweet, crunchy, powdery, delicious treat is so tasty and perfect for any party!
- 4.5 CUPS Rice Chex cereal
- 1/4 CUP salted butter
- 3 Tbsp Heavy cream
- 10oz White chocolate candy melts or pure white chocolate
- 1 tsp Almond emulsion or extract
- 1 tsp Butter emulsion or extract
- 1 and 1/2 CUPS Powdered sugar
- Pour the cereal in a large bowl, set aside.
- In a medium saucepan over low heat, melt the butter, cream, and white chocolate.
- Stir constantly until the white chocolate is fully melted.
- The mixture will be very thick and buttery.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in almond extract and butter extract.
- Pour warm white chocolate mixture over cereal. Stir it all together gently, making sure not to break the cereal.
- Wait about 3-4 (no longer) minutes and gently fold in the sprinkles – you don’t want the sprinkles to lose their color.
- In a large zipped top bag or covered container, add the powdered sugar.
- Pour the white chocolate covered cereal into the large bag or container.
- Seal the bag or container and shake until all the cereal is coated with the powdered mixture.
- Discard excess powder.
Inspired by: Sally’s Baking Addiction