The corn flakes as the batter mixed with all the spices..so good! And the sauce! UGH!
The sweet honey bbq sauce is so addicting, you will want to eat them all in one sitting!
- 2 lbs Boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 CUP All-purpose flour
- 5 CUPS Corn flakes cereal
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp Smoked paprika
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1/4 CUP Milk
- 3/4 CUP your favorite BBQ sauce
- 1/4 CUP Honey
- 1/4 CUP Ketchup
HONEY BBQ SAUCE
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.Set aside.
- Place the bite-sized pieces of chicken in a large bowl.
- Add flour and stir to coat each piece. Set aside.
- Place the corn flakes, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and smoked paprika into a food processor.
- Pulse 4-5 times in a food processor until the mixture is in fine crumbles. Not completely crushed; some larger pieces can remain.
- Pour into a large bowl. Set aside.
- Whisk the eggs and milk together in a small bowl.
- Dip each piece of chicken in the egg mixture, letting any excess drip off. Then generously roll in the cornflake mixture, shaking off any excess.
- Place onto the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with all chicken bites.
- Bake for 18 minutes, flipping once at the 9-10 minute mark.
FOR THE SAUCE:
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Heat the sauce ingredients in a small saucepan over medium heat for 5 minutes, whisking occasionally.
- Carefully place the chicken bites into a large bowl. Pour the warm honey BBQ sauce on top and gently stir to coat.