Surprisingly easy. It’s hard to believe that something so satisfying and stunning could be so easy to make. The ingredients are simple and the directions won’t stress you one bit!
Take it to the next level by topping it off with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. There’s just something incomparable to the combination of a warm, rich cobbler and a cool, refreshing scoop of classic ice cream.
With a crunchy cinnamon topping and a tender pie dough that’s smothered in the sacred sweetness of peaches, this delicious dessert is perfect for any occasion — all year round!
After years of searching for the BEST peach cobbler recipe, this one by Sheryl from Lady Behind the Curtain stands above the rest. It was passed down from her mom and for nearly a century, it’s been her family’s “must have” menu item at any gathering. Don’t let the homemade pie crust scare you away — it’s so easy and SO WORTH IT!
How to make Mom’s Peach Cobbler:
- 1 Perfect Every Time 10 Minute Pie Crust
- 3 (29 ounce) cans of peaches with heavy syrup, drained and reserve syrup.
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- sprinkle of sugar and cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Strain the juice from the peaches into a saucepan, add 2/3 cup sugar, cornstarch, 2 tsp cinnamon and 1/2 tsp salt. Mix and cook until bubbly, add lightly chopped peaches, heat through but do not cook.
- Layer in a 9-in.x 13-in. pan, half of the peaches, then a layer of pie crust rolled to fit the pan.
Pour remaining peach on top of the pie dough.
- Add another layer of pie dough in a lattice pattern or simply rolled out to fit the top of the pan.
- Heavily brush the melted butter on top, then top it off with a sprinkle of sugar and cinnamon. Bake until bubbling and the crust is golden (about 50 to 60 minutes).
Recipe adapted from Lady Behind the Curtain.
Try our Slow Cooker Peach Cobbler sometime too:
SHARE THIS ARTICLE TO SHOW YOUR LOVED ONES THIS INCREDIBLE RECIPE!