They’re shockingly easy to make. Just a little bit of mixing, spreading and sprinkling then your oven does the rest of the work! No complicated ingredients or directions here, folks.
You can make them ahead of time. Peanut Butter & Jelly Bars are the perfect quick dessert you can grab on the go or prepare for a big family gathering. Just expect them to be gone in minutes and requested for every future function — anyone who eats them will be instantly hooked.
Just one bite of Peanut Butter & Jelly Bars takes you back in time, and tasting the nostalgia is pure bliss. It’s a comfort food that reminds you of childhood, representing a sacred simplicity we seldom see these days. Do yourself a favor and try this recipe. You deserve it.
Here’s how to make Peanut Butter & Jelly Bars
- ½ pound (2 sticks) unsalted butter at room temperature, plus more for greasing the pan
- 1½ cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 extra-large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 cups creamy peanut butter, such as Skippy (18 ounces)
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting the pan
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1½ teaspoons kosher salt
- 1½ cups raspberry jam or other jam (18 ounces)
- 2/3 cups salted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 x 13 x 2-inch baking pan.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugar on medium speed until light yellow, about 2 minutes. With the mixer on low speed, add the vanilla, eggs, and peanut butter and mix until well combined.
- In a small bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt. With the mixer on low speed, slowly add the flour mixture to the peanut butter mixture. Mix just until combined.
- Spread two thirds of the dough in the prepared pan, using a knife to spread it evenly. Spread the jam evenly over the dough. Drop small globs of the remaining dough evenly over the jam. Don’t worry if all the jam isn’t covered; the dough will spread when it bakes. Sprinkle with the chopped peanuts and bake for 45 minutes, until golden brown. Cool and cut into small squares.
Recipe by Barefoot Contessa.
Try our Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bars too:
HELP YOUR FELLOW HOME COOKS BY SHARING THIS ARTICLE NOW!