This dish will also feed your whole family with just 3 chicken breasts! Doesn’t get much better than this!
Less than 5 ingredients and chicken has never tasted so good! Try it out! You wont regret it!
- 4 Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper for seasoning chicken
- 1/2 CUP Basil pesto
- 1/2 CUP Grated mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Trim all visible fat and tendons from chicken pieces, then cut each chicken breast lengthwise into 2 or 3 pieces.
- Spray a 9×12 baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Spread 1/4 cup basil pesto over the bottom of the dish. Lay chicken strips over the pesto, then spread 1/4 cup more basil pesto over the chicken.
- Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil and bake the chicken for 25-30 minutes, just until chicken is barely firm and cooked through.
- When chicken is barely cooked through, remove foil and sprinkle chicken with 1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese. Put dish back into the oven without foil and cook 5 minutes more, just until cheese is melted.
- After you melt the cheese for 5 minutes, switch the oven to broil and broiled for 5 minutes more, just long enough to get the cheese lightly browned.