Literally every bite you take tastes like that gooey wonderful middle part of the cinnamon roll everyone goes crazy over!
It’s good for breakfast, or dessert! And doesn’t even take that long to make!
- Two 8-count tubes refrigerated cinnamon roll dough, with icing
- 3 Large eggs
- 3/4 CUP Pumpkin puree
- 1/2 CUP Milk
- 1/2 CUP Light brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 CUP Granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp Pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Salt, or to tase
- 1 CUP Confectioners’ sugar
- 2 Tbsp Cream or milk
- Preheat oven to 375F. Line a 9×9-inch pan with foil and spray with cooking spray; set aside.
- Cut the cinnamon roll dough into 3 even strips, then cut those strips into 3 pieces, making 9 pieces total per cinnamon roll.
- Scatter in prepared pan, separating the pieces from one another because they stick together if you slice them in stacks; set pan and the icing from the packaging aside.
- To a medium bowl, add the eggs, pumpkin puree, 1/2 cup milk, brown sugar, granulated sugar, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla, cinnamon, salt, and whisk until smooth.
- Evenly pour the mixture over the cinnamon rolls.
- Evenly drizzle the icing. If the icing is cold, heating it in the microwave for 10 seconds will make drizzling easier.
- Place pan on a baking sheet (insurance against overflow and highly recommended) and bake for about 40 minutes, or until the top is set in the center and lightly golden brown. Place pan on a wire rack to cool momentarily while you make the frosting.
- To a medium bowl, add the confectioners’ sugar, 2 tablespoons cream or milk, and whisk to combine until smooth.
- Evenly drizzle the frosting over the rolls and optionally serve with ice cream or whipped topping. Serve immediately.
Inspired by: Averie Cooks