For many, ravioli is a lasting comfort food. As a kid, the Chef Boyardee canned pasta (no judging) was my favorite thing to eat. My cravings for this savory and delicious food carried through the years to enjoying homemade recipes to straight from an Italian Chef’s kitchen.
This crock-pot recipe is more like a ravioli lasagna. You layer it like a lasagna, however the cheese is already inside the pasta, and then sprinkled with extra shredded cheese on top. Combine with an amazing sauce made with sausage and hamburger and it’s bursting with flavor!
What originated as a traditional food in Italian cuisine, pasta in itself is a simple dish that’s quick, healthy, nutritious and versatile. With ravioli, the dumpling made up of thin pasta dough seals a delicious filling between its layers, and any filling that’s cheesy, loaded with tomato sauce, spices and meat like this recipe is a keeper!
This crock-pot recipe is easy and the sauce is unbelievable, so double your portions and freeze the rest for another meal. We promise you, this one’s for the family recipe box.
Doesn’t that look delicious?
HOW TO MAKE CROCK-POT CHEESY RAVIOLI CASSEROLE
- 1 lb. ground hamburger or sausage, browned
- 1 pkg. (25 oz.) frozen ravioli (cheese-filled)
- 1 (25-28 oz.) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can Italian style diced tomatoes
- ½ tsp. Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- Brown the hamburger over medium heat in a medium size skillet.
- Add the onion, garlic and tomatoes and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the spaghetti sauce, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper and let simmer another 5 minutes.
- Place 1 cup of spaghetti sauce on the bottom of 5 to 6 qt. slow cooker.
- Add half of the frozen ravioli, then add half the remainder of sauce and then repeat.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Cook on low 4 hours or until the ravioli is tender.
Serve your ravioli with a side salad and delicious garlic bread and ENJOY!
Now Watch How You Can Make Bloomin’ Garlic Bread!
Inspired by The Farm Wife Cooks