Slow Cooker Creamy Cilantro Lime Chicken is the recipe every foodie and home cook has been dreaming of! Although it only requires just a few ingredients, this meal is FULLY LOADED with flavor.
After taking your first bite of this divine dish, you’ll realize it’s your new favorite recipe! The slow cooker allows the flavors to intensify, and the finished product is absolute perfection.
This recipe is a real crowd-pleaser. Even kids will ask for more! As if that wasn’t impressive enough, cilantro haters will also find this meal absolutely addictive. Slow Cooker Creamy Cilantro Lime Chicken is a hassle-free way to satisfy the toughest critics!
You will CRAVE Slow Cooker Creamy Cilantro Lime Chicken so much that you’ll want to make it more than once a week. It’s so easy and delicious! However, my favorite part about this meal created by The Recipe Critic is that it’s surprisingly healthy. You can serve the chicken over rice with the creamy cilantro lime sauce drizzled on top, or even with some roasted veggies.
Here’s how to make Slow Cooker Creamy Cilantro Lime Chicken:
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 Tablespoon Chili Powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ¼ cup lime juice
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 Tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch mixed with 1 tablespoon cold water
- Heat a skillet to medium high heat and add olive oil. In a shallow bowl combine chili powder, cumin, paprika, and pepper. Rub the seasoning into the chicken on each side. Pan sear in the hot oil until each side is brown. Transfer chicken to slow cooker.
- Add the chicken broth and lime juice and cook on low for 5-6 hours or high 3-4 hours. Right before the chicken is done, carefully remove the chicken and add heavy cream, cilantro, and cornstarch and water and mix well. Add the chicken back to the slow cooker and continue to cook until sauce starts to thicken about 15-20 minutes.
- Serve over rice, or quinoa and garnish with additional fresh cilantro.
TIP: You can use boneless chicken breasts instead if you’d like. Just cook it on low for about the same time 5-6 hours or until a thermometer reads 165.
Recipe adapted from The Recipe Critic.
Looking for another easy and delicious way to satisfy your cilantro cravings? Try our Southwest Cilantro-Lime Salad:
SHARE THIS ARTICLE TO SHOW YOUR LOVED ONES THIS AMAZING RECIPE!