Make as much of these for everyone to enjoy, and they’re great for a party or as gifts. They could be your new favorite go-to cookies to make everybody happy. Even your grandparents.
Simple ingredients for decadent, buttery sweet goodness!
Tender, melt-in-your-mouth and buttery with your favorite jam.
You will enjoy every bite of these.
HOW TO MAKE BUTTERY JAM THUMBPRINT COOKIES
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- 1 Cup (2 sticks) salted butter, softened to room temp (not melty)
- ½ Cup confectioners’ (powdered) sugar, plus ¼ cup more for dusting
- 2 Tsp pure vanilla extract
- ⅛ Tsp table salt
- 2 Cups all purpose flour
- ½ Cup thick fruit preserves (I used raspberry, blackberry, and peach)
- Preheat oven to 325°F with rack on middle position. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment on medium-high speed, beat butter and sugar until fluffy and light, 2 minutes.
- Add vanilla and salt, scraping down bowl as needed. Switch to medium-low and gently mix in flour, just until combined. Dough will be somewhat sticky (if it’s too sticky to work with, cover and chill 30 minutes).
- Roll tablespoonfuls of dough into 1-inch balls. Place dough balls on parchment lined baking sheets. Press down the center of each ball with thumb/finger making a deep well in the middle.
- Fill cookie centers generously with jam/preserves. Bake 20 minutes or until golden brown and puffy. Let cool 5 minutes on baking sheet, then gently transfer to finish cooling on wire rack.
- When cookies are completely cooled, dust with confectioners’ sugar.
- This cookie dough is less sweet than others, making space for the very sweet jam/preserves and the generous dusting of powdered sugar at the end.
- Cookies will taste like the jam/preserves you use, so use a good quality thick jam (thinner jams tend to “run” during baking).
- If you want more browning on top, bake on the upper middle rack.
- Cookies can be kept in airtight container at room temperature for a few days.
Want Another Great Cookie Recipe? Now Watch How To Make The Ultimate Sugar Cookie!
Inspired by Chew Out Loud