It only takes 20 minutes to make. 20 minutes! Just two simple steps and voila! Your chef-quality meal is ready. This is a tried and true recipe from the popular food blogger Baker by Nature for people to easily cook and enjoy, so there’s really no excuse to not give it a chance.
This recipe is seriously EXPLODING with flavor. It’s spicy– but not TOO spicy! The ingredients are simple but oh-so-powerful. It’s even delicious as left overs. Ditch the takeout and enjoy this easy and delicious meal from the comfort of your home! Did I mention this meal it’s remarkably healthy too?
“Eating healthy is easy with yummy dishes like this!” – Nicole
Here’s how to make 20-Minute Sriracha Shrimp and Broccoli:
- 4 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon orange juice (fresh, preferably)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sriracha hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ginger, grated (you may also use bottled ginger if you cannot find fresh)
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 pounds medium shrimp, peeled and deveined (buy them already prepared this way to save time)
- 4 cups (about 2 large heads) broccoli florets
- In a small bowl combine the soy sauce, orange juice, sriracha, brown sugar, ginger, garlic, sesame oil, and cornstarch; whisk well to combine; set aside.
- Heat the sesame oil (1 1/2 tablespoons) in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once warm, add in the shrimp and cook – flipping them once – until pink; about 3 minutes. Add in the broccoli and continue cooking the mixture, stirring frequently, until the broccoli is bright green and tender; about 3-4 minutes. Add in the sriracha soy mixture, stir well to coat the shrimp and broccoli, and cook for another 1-2 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened. Remove from heat and serve at once! This goes great with a small salad, rice, or even pasta (like lo mein).
Photos by and recipe adapted from Baker by Nature.
Looking for another authentic Asian recipe? Try our Asian Honey Chicken:
HELP YOUR FELLOW HOME COOKS BY SHARING THIS ARTICLE NOW!