A special thanks to Yi at Yi Reservation who says he only shares “super delicious” recipes, and this is his favorite American Chinese dish. What a great way to start your New Year with Chinese buffet-style coconut shrimp for appetizers or as a main meal!
They’re seriously finger-licking delicious and easy to make!
Everyone won’t stop eating these.
HOW TO MAKE CHINESE BUFFET-STYLE COCONUT SHRIMP
- 1 lb medium shrimp (45-50 pcs)
- 1 small broccoli
- 1 Cup coconut cream
- 2 Tbs sugar
- 2 Tbs mayonnaise
- Shredded coconut
- ½ Cup of bread crumb and 1 tbsp of corn starch, combined
- ½ Tsp salt
- 1 Tsp cooking wine
- ½ Tbs ground pepper
- Peel and de-vein the shrimp. Mix with the marinade and set aside for at least 15 minutes. This can be done ahead of the time.
- Cut the broccoli into small chunks. Blanch in boiling water about 2 minutes until the color starts to shine.
- Slightly coat the shrimp with the bread crumb and corn starch mix. Fry over medium heat about 2-3 minutes until the shrimp turns golden outside. If you don’t want to waste a lot of oil, you can do fry in batches.
- Remove the excess oil on a paper towel.
- In a sauce pan, combine the coconut cream and sugar over medium heat. Mix until all the sugar dissolves.
- Add the mayo and fried shrimp. Mix until the shrimp is well glazed. Sprinkle shredded coconut on top and serve on cooked broccoli.
Want A Totally Different Shrimp Appetizer Recipe? Now Watch How To Make Cheesy Shrimp Crostini!
Inspired by YiReservation.com