Growing up, most Southerners genuinely looked forward to their mama’s pea salad. After taking your first bite of this recipe, you’ll know why it’s an iconic side dish in the South.
Sweet Pea Dill Salad is easy, quick, inexpensive — and downright addictive. You will be overwhelmed with how delicious and flavorful it is.
It only takes 10 minutes to prep and the ingredients are simple. Everyone will love it so much they’ll be begging for the recipe! The secret ingredient in Sweet Pea Dill Salad is truly what makes this version the absolute BEST.
So what’s the powerful secret ingredient? Horseradish! However, if you’re not a fan of spicy foods feel free to leave it out. That’s why I love this recipe so much! Sweet Pea Dill Salad is easy to customize and even easier to devour, qualifying it as the ultimate crowd-pleasing side dish.
Here’s how to make Sweet Pea Dill Salad:
- 4 cups blanched green peas
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon Dijon-style prepared mustard
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill weed
- ground black pepper to taste
- Gently pat peas with a paper towel to absorb any excess moisture. Place peas in a large bowl.
- In small bowl combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, horseradish, mustard and 3 tablespoons dill weed. Add to peas and toss to coat. Sprinkle remaining dill over top. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours before serving.
Recipe by All Recipes.
Want an easy and delicious Southern entree to pair it with? Try our Honey Garlic Pork Chops:
DO YOUR FRIENDS A FAVOR AND SHARE THIS ARTICLE TO SHOW THEM THIS AMAZING RECIPE!